Easy Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins w/ Chocolate chips and Coconut Recipe
This is a great recipe for a fast breakfast, after school snack or anytime. They are fast and easy to make and you can freeze them for a grab and go snack. You can add whatever you like to them. Chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruits, wheat germ or granola.
- 5 cups Old fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 1/2 cups over ripe mashed banana (approx 5-6)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon - more to taste
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips or more if you like
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut or more if you like
- and any optional add-ins ex. nuts, raisins etc
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line cupcake or muffin tins with papers
- In a large bowl add rolled oats, salt, cinnamon and mix together
- Pour water over oats
- In another bowl add mashed banana, honey, veg oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Add banana mixture to the oats mix well, then add chocolate chips and coconut, stir.
- Fill muffins papers almost to the top.
- Bake 18-22 mins, let cool.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||35%|
|Total Fat 7.73g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.35g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 27.83g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|