Zucchini Boats stuffed w/ Sausage and Cous-Cous Recipe
Zucchini Boats are great! You can stuff them any way you like. We have stuffed them so many different ways but this one is a favorite... with this recipe we have also added chopped kalamata olives, diced hot ham, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. It depends what we have in at the time. Add in any combination of your favorites! I blanch the zucchini shells for 2-3 mins if they are large.
- 4-5 medium Zucchini
- 1 - lb ground sausage (spicy or Italian)
- 1 box Parmesan Cous-cous - prepared as directed
- 1 - large onion, chopped
- 1 - 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- salt, pepper, oregano or Greek spice blend, to taste
- 1-1 1/2 cups Mozzarella, Provolone or feta, shredded or crumbled
- Preheat oven 375
- Saute sausage and onion in lg pot
- Cook cous-cous according to the package directions, set aside
- Halve the zucchini, carefully cut and scoop out the center pulp.
- Dice the pulp and add to the sausage, diced the red peppers and garlic, add to the sausage saute.
- Add salt,pepper and oregano to taste.
- Fluff cous-cous and add to saute pot. Mix well.
- Stuff shells, mounding on top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 25-30 mins covered tightly with foil.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 384g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 344||70%|
|Total Fat 38.34g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 14.68g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 9.83g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|