Creamy Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
This is so good my son asks for a bowl and just eats it with a spoon! We have this every family get together/holiday, game days and a really for no occasion at all we love it. It's made on the stovetop and then baked for about 20mins, its so easy to make. And we use it in so many ways. As a dip its great with toasted bread or tortillas but we put it over baked potatoes, in omelets. We make homemade pizza with this as the sauce. I have even made a spiral stuffed turkey meatloaf with it, the possibilities are endless. If you find something new and interesting to do with it please leave me a comment I would love to hear how you used it!
- 1 lg sweet onion, diced
- 1 - 13.75 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 - 8oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 -16 oz frozen creamed spinach
- 1 - 9 oz frozen creamed spinach (optional, I like it with xtra)
- 1 - 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 - 8 oz package of shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chopped garlic, more if you like
- dash of fresh ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil till softened
- Add chopped artichokes stir in cook for a minute and add garlic, salt and pepper to taste cook for another minute.
- Add creamed spinach and squeezed chopped spinach and stir.
- Once its warmed add in the cubed cream cheese, stirring till melted
- Stir in swiss and parmesan cheeses stir till melted and mixed
- Add a dash of nutmeg, adjust salt and pepper transfer to 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or till warmed.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||60%|
|Total Fat 7.52g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4.34g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|