Holiday Ham with Pineapples (Easter or Christmas) Recipe
This is the way my Nanny and Mom made our holiday ham. We had it for Easter, Christmas and side by side with turkey on Thanksgiving. This ham is always good, I use oven cooking bags but Mom and Nanny always used foil. It uses brown sugar and ginger ale and pineapple which makes for an excellent gravy! Just thicken the juices with a cornstarch and water slurry, It's a sweet gravy that everyone loves!
- 1 Ham shank or butt portion (what ever size you like)
- 2 20 oz cans of pineapple chunks
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple slices
- 1 sm jar marachino cherries
- approx half a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale soda
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- cooking bag if you are using or just wrap with foil
- Preheat oven 350
- Set ham in cooking bag with bag open or cradle in tin foil.
- Score ham skin, and place the sliced pineapple and a cherry all over the ham using toothpicks.
- Mix the brown sugar with a good amount of ginger ale and pour over the ham. Pour some extra soda in the bag. And dump both cans of pineapple chunks with juice around the bottom of the ham.
- Seal cooking bag or foil tightly and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
- Let rest, serve pineapple chunks as a side dish. Make a ham gravy out of pan juices.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 137g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.25g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.29g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|