Apple Bacon Cheddar Crostini Recipe
Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled apples (3-4 medium apples)
- 1 teas grated ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 24 slices (1/2 inch thick) french bread
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet cook bacon til crisp, drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside. Reserve drippings in skillet
- Cook apples and gingerroot in bacon drippings over medium high heat. Stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, thyme and salt. Cook 1 min more, stir in apple juice, cook another minute remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven 450
- Place french bread slices in single layer on ungreased cookie sheets
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake 3 to 5 minutes til toasted. Turn slices over brush with remaining oil and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- In skillet add cheese and bacon to apples and toss. Place about 1 tbsp of apple mixture on each slice. Bake 5 minutesor till cheese is melted.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 33g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||68%|
|Total Fat 6.75g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.74g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.35g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|