Hala Kahiki Chili - Pineapple Chili Recipe
Hala Kahiki means Pineapple, this is a tropical pineapple chili. It's a nice change from regular chili. It sweet and tangy. My son still eats it with tortilla chips but King's Hawaiian sweet rolls are nice with this recipe.
Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1-2 lg sweet onions chopped
- 1 lg green bell pepper chopped
- 1 - 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 - 20oz can of pineapple tidbits (if using chunks cut into 3rds)
- 1 - 15oz can dark kidney beans,drained
- 1 - 15oz can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Small amount of chili powder to add hint of flavor
- Brown ground beef, as it starts to cook and onions and peppers, cook till tender.Add salt and pepper. Drain any excess fat.
- Add tomatoes and pineapples with juices.
- Add kidney beans and pork and beans.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and small amount of chili powder.
- bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30 mins. stirring frequently
- Taste test and add additional salt pepper and a dash of chili powder.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 283g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 134||36%|
|Total Fat 14.89g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5.68g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.8g|
|Total Carbs 27.14g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|