Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake Recipe
Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- 200-grams penne pasta
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon pizza/pasta sauce
- half a bunch of spinach chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup pizza cheese (mozzarella cheese) sliced
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water with a dash of salt. Once it is cooked as per your preference, strain it and set aside. Reserve 1/4 Cup of boiled pasta water.
- Reserve 1/4 Cup of boiled pasta water. Set aside to use later.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute garlic and red chili flakes for a minute.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pasta sauce, seasoning, salt and the reserved boiled pasta water. Stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes before adding the pasta.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch square/rectangle baking dish with a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the boiled pasta in the sauce. Mix nicely to evenly coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to the greased baking dish. Cover it with grated cheese and pizza cheese slices.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or till cheese melts and form a crust on top of the pasta.
- Serve Pumpkin Pasta warm with the toasted bread slice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 290g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 202||31%|
|Total Fat 22.89g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 6.67g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.46g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|