Christmas Apple Salad Recipe
Red and green color apples make a Christmas statement for this fresh, healthy and simple fruit salad. Select apples for the deepest color you can get, but not too tart, as there is no added sugar or sweetener in this recipe. Suggestions: Apples with predominant red and/or green skins might include: Red Delicious, Red Jonathan, Honeycrisp, greener Golden Delicious, Gala, Fiji....ad infinitum!
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples (or other red apples of choice)
- 2 medium green Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits in own juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Wash, core and chop apples (do not peel.) Add celery and walnuts.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving juice.
- Add pineapple tidbits to apple mixture. Stir in sufficient reserved pineapple juice to moisten all ingredients well.
- Refrigerate til serving time.
- The pineapple juice will help keep apples from turning brown but if in doubt, a small amount of Fruit Fresh or Vitamin C crystals will do the job.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese at serving time (optional.)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 104g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||28%|
|Total Fat 2.67g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|