Easy Dump Cake: Angel Food Pineapple Cake Recipe
What’s not to love about dump cake recipes? And this one is in a class all by itself. When you need to serve a dessert on the light side, this fits the menu! The recipe makes 16 servings, with each one providing 127 calories, 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 29 grams carbohydrate and 1.5 grams protein. With stats like that, you can feel confident to serve it as a heart healthy and/or diabetic-friendly dessert. I always keep a box of angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple on hand to make this dessert at a moment’s notice. Thanks to Jean Chase for posting Photo #6 - a whipped cream and cherry topped glamorized version!
- 1 16-ounce box angel food cake mix
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, undrained
- Optional topping: Powdered sugar or whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dump cake mix and undrained pineapple into an ungreased 9" x 12" baking pan.
- Stir together until well blended (see photos).
- Bake 25 minutes. The top should be nicely browned (see photo) and cake should be pulling away from edges. Do not underbake or cake will sink in center and be too moist.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Optional: To serve, dust with powdered sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream topping.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.16g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.14g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|