Skinny Pumpkin Coffee Cake, Yum! Recipe
Everyone will LOVE this super moist, harvest coffee cake! It’s so easy to make since it starts with a cake mix. Each skinny slice has 226 calories, 8 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This rustic cake is fantastic to make for company this time of year. Or just bake it, slice into individual servings and freeze for a wonderful treat in the future!
- Cooking spray (with flour in it)
- 1 package (16.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1¼ cups canned pumpkin
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 large egg, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- I teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats, divided
- Ingredients for Hot Buttermilk Glaze:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 packages Truvia, Splenda or your favorite sugar substitute
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9” angel food cake pan, spring form pan or bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, combine cake mix, pudding, pumpkin, water and canola oil.
- Add egg whites and egg and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- Mix on high for at least one minute. Scrape down sides and mix again.
- Pour ½ of the batter evenly into pan. Sprinkle with ¼ cup rolled oats. Pour remaining batter and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup rolled oats. Shake the pan on work surface after filling the batter to even out the batter.
- Bake for at least 1 hour until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. It might take an extra 5 to 10 minutes depending on your oven. Let rest at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- To make the glaze:Place the sugar, sugar substitute, buttermilk, light butter, baking soda and vanilla in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. The glaze will foam up and thicken as the sugar dissolves and butter melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a fork, poke 12 holes all over warm cake and spoon the hot buttermilk glaze all over cake.
- Makes 16 slices (each serving 1/16 of cake)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||25%|
|Total Fat 5.33g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.57g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.98g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|