Skinny Garlic Chicken, Amazingly Easy and Delicious Recipe
All you garlic lovers will LOVE this chicken…An instant hit and will have everyone wanting more! As it bakes, the garlic and sugar melt into a sweet glaze. This dish can be prepped in the morning, refrigerated, and baked just before serving. Each very tender chicken breast has 188 calories, 4 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So yummy served with my recipe for Super Healthy, Garlic Sauteed Spinach or Skinny Garlic Green Beans. That’s truly all you’ll need!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic cloves, chopped, see shopping tip
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total, each breast 4 ounces), see prep tip
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In small nonstick pan, add oil and garlic. Sauté garlic until tender about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and water.
- Place chicken breasts in the foiled lined baking dish. Cover with garlic and brown sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, to taste. At this point, you can place in refrigerator and store until ready to bake. If you store in refrigerator, it might take a little longer for the baking time.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until chicken is completely cooked. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken. Be sure to check for doneness after 15 minutes.
- To serve: Plate each breast and spoon a little sauce over each.
- Makes 4 chicken breast (each serving, 4 ounces of chicken with sauce)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||25%|
|Total Fat 3.97g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.62g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 14.71g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|