Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 2 12-ounce cans roast beef in beef broth (I used Kirkland Signature brand)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 7.5 ounce jar/can sliced mushrooms, drain & reserve juice (or substitute 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Drain beef well, reserving broth. Measure broth into a 2-cup measuring glass. (I had about 1 1/4 cups broth.) Add sufficient reserved mushroom liquid to the beef broth to make a total of 1 1/2 cups liquid (or substitute beef consume, bouillon or water to make a total of 1 1/2 cups); set beef and broth aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of olive oil. Add onions and saute until tender, about 6 minutes; stir in garlic and mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes more (4-5 minutes if using fresh mushrooms.)
- Push vegetables aside and melt butter in a quadrant of the skillet. Stir flour into butter to make a paste. Add beef broth gradually, blending first into the flour paste and then incorporating vegetables into the mixture. Add ketchup and Worcestershire.
- Heat and stir til broth is somewhat thickened; reduce heat, cover and maintain a simmer 5 minutes. Add beef gently to avoid mashing solid pieces. Cook uncovered and reduce liquid to desired consistency, about 5 minutes more, stirring gently as needed to prevent sticking. Check for seasonings (there may be a sufficient sodium already from canned meat and broth.)
- Stir in sour cream and heat just to serving temperature. Serve over noodles.
- Yield 6 family size servings, or 4 "hungry man" servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||77%|
|Total Fat 10.49g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.25g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|