Mitch's Homemade Dill Pickles Recipe
Cost per recipe $0.59 view details
- 2 cloves garlic per jar
- 1 sprig of fresh dill per jar
- Small cucumbers (1 small basket)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 1/2 tbsps coarse salt
- Hot peppers (optional)
- Wash and sterilize your Mason jars (medium or quart size).
- Wash your cucumbers under running water.
- Place 2 cloves of garlic and 1 sprig of fresh dill at the bottom of each jar. If you make the spicier version, add 1/2 hot pepper, seeded to each jar.
- Pack the jars with the cucumbers. In the meantime, in a saucepan boil the following ingredients for 5 minutes: 3 cups water, 1 cup vinegar and 3 1/2 tbsps coarse salt.
- Pour this brine over the cucumbers in each jar and seal. Do not leave a headspace. Let cool and store in a dark area for a few weeks before opening. Yields 6-7 jars.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1066g|
|Calories from Fat 2||3%|
|Total Fat 0.18g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.72g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|