Donna's Orange Chicken Recipe
Cost per serving $1.56 view details
- 4 chicken legs, breasts or thighs
- Enough flour, salt and pepper to coat the chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- If you are using chicken breasts, cut in half.
- Place the chicken pieces in the flour, salt and pepper mixture in a plastic bag and coat chicken.
- Cook the chicken in butter or margarine in a skillet. When cooked, removed from the skillet and reserve.
- Cook the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the orange juice and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 217g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 184||49%|
|Total Fat 20.71g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 9.84g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 33.48g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|