Fried Black Pomfret (Bawal Hitam) In Soy Sauce. Recipe
Crispy fried and drenched with a fragrant salty, tangy and spicy soy sauce gravy.
Servings: 2 person
Cost per serving $2.13 view details
- For Fish
- 1 whole black pomfret (abt 400g) de-gut, leave the head on and make two or three incisions, on both sides (no need to pat dry)
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Salt as taste
- Mix/lather fish with all these ingredients
- For The Sauce
- 2 red chillies &1 green chilli - sliced into long thin stripes
- 1 inch ginger - sliced into thin stripes
- 5 pips garlic - sliced thinly
- 1 medium size (abt 100g) red onion - sliced thinly
- 1 bunch coriander leaves - sliced.
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Oil as needed
- Salt (if needed)
- Heat enough oil and when heated, deep fry fish, remove and place on a tray/plate.
- Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same wok/pan.
- Saute chillies, ginger, onion and garlic.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- (Note: pour water for more sauce).
- Quickly stir and top over fish.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 67g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 71||44%|
|Total Fat 8.42g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 0.61g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.94g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.2g||57%|