Rice Vadai (fritters) Recipe
Yes, with cooked white rice for its crunchy-crispy outer coating with a lovely soft savory rice-y texture inside.
Servings: 5 person
Cost per serving $0.08 view details
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 2 red chillies - remove seeds and sliced thinly
- 1 (about 80g) onion - chopped
- 2 stalks coriander leaves - chopped/sliced into fine pieces
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornflour
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Add water (about 1 1/2 cups) into the rice.
- Stir and cook over low heat till mushy but with some grains still intact.
- Remove and let it cool down.
- Mix in all the other ingredients except oil.
- Combine and shape the sticky dough into round flat balls.
- If the dough is sticks to your hands, wet hands first before shaping.
- Deep fry until dark golden brown in color.
- Drain over kitchen towel and its ready to go into the mouth.
- For extra taste and flavor, dip into any type of sauce you like.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||2%|
|Total Fat 0.29g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.62g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|