Mandarin Orange Sorbet Recipe
Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 10 mandarin oranges (its ok if you use more)
- 1 cup (more or less) white or brown sugar (I use brown)
- 1 tsp zest (use the same fruits - only the white part please)
- Peel skin and remove all the white strings all over.
- Peel each section, cut in the centre and gently remove the seeds and pulp.
- Throw the seeds and keep pulp aside.
- Simmer sugar with some water to dilute and for a syrup.
- Cool down.
- Add pulp (keep some aside) and syrup in a blender/processor.
- Pulse for a thick fruity purée.
- Pour into a container and freeze.
- Bring out, gently break and pulse/blend again.
- Return to freezer and repeat the process 2 more times.
- After pulsing for the 3rd time, add zest and the kept aside pulp.
- Stir well and off to the freezer.
- To serve - scrape and add in a bowl or tall glass.
- Garnish with mint leaves (optional).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||5%|
|Total Fat 0.51g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.8g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|