Vietnamese Tomato Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $1.08 view details
- 2 large ripe tomatoes - sliced
- 1 large red onion – sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves (separate stems and leaves)
- ½ tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste (taste soup mixture first before adding)
- Heat oil and sauté onion and spices.
- Add tomatoes and coriander stems.
- Stir and cook till mushy.
- Pour 1 liter of water and simmer till heated through.
- Cool it down slightly and blend/process for a thick mixture.
- Pour back in the pot, add fish sauce and salt.
- Simmer again.
- (Add more water for a diluted version)
- To serve, garnish with coriander leaves.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 179g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 172||80%|
|Total Fat 19.56g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 1.45g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 11.41g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|