Kuih Sagu Kukus (Steamed Sago Cake) Recipe
Cost per serving $0.49 view details
- 200g/1 packet sago - soak in water for about an hour. In between rinse two or three times and drain off the water
- 4 to 5 pandan/screwpine leaves
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour (to bind sago together)
- Fresh grated coconut - as needed
- Pinch of salt
- Blend/process pandan leaves with half cup of water.
- Strain to extract the juice.
- Pour into soaked sago.
- Set aside for half an hour - to color and scent the sago.
- Drain off the juice,
- Gently mix sago with sugar and cornflour.
- Add into a lightly oiled baking tray/pan.
- Steam till sago is translucent.
- Remove from steamer and carefully cut into pieces.
- Roll over coconut mixed with a pinch of salt.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 40g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||66%|
|Total Fat 11.57g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 10.23g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.4g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|