Pork and Hominy Stew Recipe
Cost per serving $2.35 view details
- 12 Ozs. Boneless Pork Strips, For Stir-Frying
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Medium Carrots, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 14 1/2 Oz. Can Hominy, Drained and Rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Radishes, Shredded
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Small Lime, Cut Into Wedges
- 1 Small Ripe Avocado, Sliced
- In a large saucepan cook pork, onion and garlic in hot oil until pork is slightly pink in center. Remove pork mixture from saucepan; set aside. Add chicken broth, carrots, cumin and pepper to saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered, about 8 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Add hominy, cilantro and pork mixture; cook and stir until heated through.
- To Serve: Top each serving with radishes, cilantro, lime wedge and sliced avocado.
- Yield: 6 Cups
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 490g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||41%|
|Total Fat 12.44g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 21.75g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||21%|