Old-fashioned Icebox Rolls Recipe
Cost per recipe $2.01 view details
- 1 packet yeast or 2 1/4 tsps.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- melted butter
- Melt the butter and Crisco in the microwave, add the water and sugar, then the yeast. Water mixture should not be warmer than 110 degrees.
- Mix in the egg, flour and salt.
- Using a spatula, mix the dough for a couple of minutes, turning it to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place in the fridge at least overnight.
- Remove the dough 3 hours before use.
- Take what dough you want to bake; return the rest to the fridge.
- After 3 hours, degass the dough and shape it into rolls.
- Let rise 2 hours, or until doubled.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 465g|
|Calories from Fat 887||79%|
|Total Fat 100.81g||126%|
|Saturated Fat 62.28g||249%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.07g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|