Ja'mocha-Latern Shake Recipe
It's Fall and you're craving a ice cold mocha you can be creative. By adding dark chocolate syrup to my Autumn Pumpkin-Java Milkshake recipe, you end up with a Ja'mocha-Latern Shake.
If you're going to be devilish by having a cold sugary treat you need to balance it out. Pumpkin fits the bill because it's packed full of vitamins and fiber.
As for stepping this up a notch, turn this into a adult beverage by adding Kahlua. For the pint sized ghoul's and goblin's, use decaf coffee and no spirits.
- 1/4 Cup Strong Coffee, Warm
- 1 Tsp. Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Hershey's Dark Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tbsp. Fresh Cooked Pumpkin, Cooled & Drained
- 1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Cups Coffee Ice Cream (About 6 Medium Scoops)
- Garnish Ideas:
- Fresh Whipped Cream, Whole Coffee Beans, Chocolate Syrup, Festive Colored Sprinkles, Candy Corn and/or Dash or Two of Pumpkin Spice.
- Stir brown sugar and chocolate syrup into coffee to dissolve; let cool.
- Add coffee mixture, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice to the jar of a blender.
- Add ice cream and pulse until smooth.
- Divide between serving glasses. Choose your garnish and bam you're done.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||25%|
|Total Fat 8.76g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.02g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|