Grilled Belacan (Shrimp Paste) Lemon Grass Fish Recipe
Absolutely delicious, different texture that starts off crispy on top, then finishes off with soft and fresh meat.
Servings: 2 person
Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 2 (abt 300g) Cencaru/Torpedo Scad Fish -de-gut, keep the hard skin on top and and make incisions on both edges.
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- Banana leaves - 2 or 3 large pieces.
- Lemon/lime wedge
- For Stuffing/Sambal
- 1 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 3 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1 lemon grass - shredded
- 1/2 tsp belacan/shrimp powder
- 1 sprig coriander leaf - shredded
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste (use sparingly)
- Rub turmeric and salt all over the fish and keep aside.
- Into heated oil, saute shallots and lemon grass.
- Add belacan powder, coriander leaf.
- Season with salt.
- Cook for a thick spicy paste.
- Remove and let it cool down.
- Stuff fish with it; in between the incisions.
- Lay banana leaves on a baking tray and put fish on top.
- Gently wrap (not so tightly)
- Grill at 175C for about 50 mins.
- (Note; turn to cook on both sides)
- Serve with lemon/lime wedges.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 105g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||69%|
|Total Fat 14.02g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.11g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 15.75g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|