Mee Siam (Spicy Rice Vermicelli) Recipe
This Asian soup noodles is sure to be a hit with its blend of spicy, salty and tangy flavors.
Servings: 3 person
Cost per serving $1.41 view details
- For the soup/gravy
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tbsp taucheo/salted bean paste
- 5 garlic
- 5 shallots
- 1/2 inch roasted belacan/shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp fish curry powder
- Blend/process to a thick paste with some water.
- Other ingredients
- 10 medium size prawns
- Rice noodles - as needed (blanch to soften)
- Tofu pok/puffs
- 1 handful of kucai/chives
- Eggs - boiled
- Lime leaves - tear into pieces.
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Simmer prawns with one cup of water till cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Peel prawns; keep aside.
- Also keep aside the stock.
- Heat oil and fry chili paste till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour in prawn stock and another 2 cups of water.
- Season with salt (use sparingly as taucheo is also salty) and let it
- Once heated through, add lime leaves, tofu pok and pour coconut milk in.
- Continue to simmer over low heat for another 3-4 mins.
- Assemble noodles in a bowl with chives and boiled eggs.
- Pour soup over and serve with lime.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 211g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 279||75%|
|Total Fat 32.41g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 16.19g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 16.7g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|