Delightfully Light Chicken and White Bean Chili Recipe
Don’t be fooled by the look of this pale colored chili. Yes it’s not a traditional chili but it’s really great tasting. Much lighter than most, it includes some unusual chili ingredients such as potatoes, hominy and white kidney beans. What a yummy way to add more fiber to your diet. Just one cup contains 7 grams of fiber! Hat’s off to Ruby Tuesday’s for their chicken and white bean chili. It contains 228 calories, 8 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber. Make a pot of our delicious chili tonight…You’ll love it!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, we like Swansonâs
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini, beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- In a large nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, saute the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove chicken. Let cool slightly, cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add the onions and cook about 3 minutes until soft. Stir often. Mix in the garlic, oregano, cumin, coriander and white pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and potato. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, hominy and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Makes 6 cups
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 317g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||31%|
|Total Fat 7.25g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.86g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 20.05g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|