Cheeseburger in Paradise Skinny Soup Recipe
Okay, so this is a soup not the burger Jimmy Buffett was singing about but it has all the fabulous flavors of a dreamy cheeseburger! And, you don’t even need to fire up the grill. Get ready to slurp up every last drop. My family did! It’s a very skinny main course soup since I’m using extra lean ground beef and draining the fat after browning, adding a variety of vegetables, reduced-fat milk and topping with just a small amount of reduced-fat cheese. The skinny for 1 serving is 207 calories, 3.8 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s such a fun soup with a whole lot of flavor. Don’t be surprised if it becomes your most requested soup!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, I used Trader Joeâs 96/4
- 1Â½ cups onion, chopped
- Â¾ cup celery, diced
- Â½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1Â½ teaspoons dried basil
- Â½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Swansonâs reduced sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (1%)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Yellow mustard
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- In a large nonstick pot or deep pan, brown the ground beef. Stir to break up into a crumble. Remove from heat, pour into a colander to drain the fat. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and basil. Saute for about 5 minutes until vegetable are soft. Stir in the browned beef and flour, stirring to coat the meat. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, milk, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to boil, turn heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- To serve: Ladle soup into individual bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese and a little ketchup, mustard and chopped pickle. These toppings really add to the cheeseburger flavor!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 393g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 142||48%|
|Total Fat 15.86g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6.99g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 17.47g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|