Crispy Fried Bitter Gourd (Pavakkai) With Curry Leaves. Recipe
Cost per serving $0.65 view details
- 4 medium size Indian bitter gourd - remove seeds and sliced thinly.
- Soak in water for 10 minutes and squeeze to remove excess water.
- 1/2 tbsp plain chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp plain curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 3-4 sprigs curry leaves - shredded
- Salt for taste
- Oil for frying
- Into a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle a little water if needed.
- Heat oil and fry in batches till crispy and light brown in color.
- Remove and drain on kitchen towel.
- Garnish with more curry leaves before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 12||24%|
|Total Fat 1.38g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.21g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.93g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|