Rava/Semolina Kheer Recipe
Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 1 cup rava/semolina
- 1/2 cup sago
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Sugar - as needed
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- A pinch of saffron strands/or use yellow colouring
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder/or replace with cardamom powder
- Water as needed
- Soak sago for 1 hour. In between change the water and rinse.
- Simmer enough water and add sago.
- Stir and cook till translucent.
- Drain, rinse under running water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile simmer 2 cups of water.
- When heated through, add rava.
- Keep stirring so that rava does not lump up together.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Pour coconut milk, add sago, saffron strands and scent with
- nutmeg powder.
- Heat through and keep aside.
- Quickly fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Tip in kheer and stir.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 323g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||83%|
|Total Fat 20.71g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 15.3g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.77g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|