creamy CANNOLI maple syrup RICOTTA filling Recipe
I'll leave the authenticity to the ones who do it best. In the meantime, I've enjoyed tinkering with this recipe and this is what I've grown to appreciate best. It is a very lightly smooth textured mousse-like creamy filling. Versatile enough to add your own personality to it.
For a dedicated post...please refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 1-1/4 cups (300gr) fresh Ricotta*
- . 1/2 cup or more (100ml) Maple syrup
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) vanilla extract
- . 1/2 cup (100ml) whipping cream 35%
- . ADD-IN selections (all optional):
- . 1 small orange finely zested
- . 1/4 cup (40gr) roasted almonds, coarsely crushed
- . 1/4 cup (45gr) bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
- . 1/4 tsp. (2.5ml) ground cinnamon
- . > * Note: Do not use container Ricotta for this recipe. I highly recommend an effort towards buying the best fresh Ricotta...please inform yourself through your Cheese specialty store.
- . In a medium bowl, whip the 35% cream and set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- . Get all the other 'Add-in' selections prepared and also set aside.
- . In another medium bowl: Mix the ricotta, the Maple syrup and vanilla extract with an electric beater to ensure smoothness.
- . Lightly with a spatula, gradually fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mix and combine until streaks have disappeared. Lastly, gently fold in the rest of your 'Add-in' selections and you're done.
- . Cover and place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before pipe filling the cannoli shells. Note: This mix can be done the day ahead and piped right before serving. The shells will be crunchier that way.
- . Enjoy this specially created cannoli cream filling...buon appetito and Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|