Torte di granchio ( Crab Cakes) Recipe
Crab cakes became popular along the coastlines of mid Atlantic States, the Gulf Coasts and Italy as well. It is a simple and tasty way to serve crab meat and can be fried or baked. Crab cakes can be made ahead of time and later reheated to sweeten the appetite.
Ideal for picnics and outings. Try making sandwiches topped with lettuce and mayonnaise. When at picnic area place the cakes in foil wrap and heat over an open fire. So good
- 6 T butter (split)
- 1/2 C. chopped onions
- 1/3 C. chopped celery
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T minced fresh chives
- 2 ( 6 oz) cans of crab meat, drained
- 1 C. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 to 1/2 C. salad dressing ( mayonnaise)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- 1. In skillet, melt 3 T. butter, saute onions, celery, garlic, chives until tender.
- 2. Place cooked vegetables in bowl and add the crab meat, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, egg and Worcestershire sauce. Dash with black pepper. Mix and be sure it all holds together.
- 3. Shape into patties, coat with 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Press extra breadcrumbs into patties.
- 4. Using 3 tablespoon butter, fry the patties for about 8 minutes, turning so both sides get golden brown
- 5. Serve on a bed of lettuce topped with cocktail sauce,lemon sauce and a lemon slice
- Garnish with chopped chives. Serve with coleslaw
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||45%|
|Total Fat 10.38g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.38g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 20.12g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|