Screaming For Frozen Desserts, Lemon Sorbet! Recipe
The Lemon Myrtle in this recipe, combined with the sweetness & sourness of the sorbet, was ethereal.
A pinch of the scented herb from Gryphon Tea gives this dessert an exotic feel, perfect for the festive season & leaves you yelling for more!
Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- Combine sugar & water in a pot & boil till sugar dissolves. Wash lemons. Using a peeler, add rind thinly from 1 lemon. Throw in lemon myrtle & simmer for 2 mins. * Keep some rind for toppings.
- Leave to cool. Drain & transfer to a tray & chill.
- Cut off lemon tops. Squeeze lemons & add juice to syrup. Freeze for about 4hrs.
- Scrap off everything inside lemons using a spoon & retain as containers.
- Using a food processor, add egg-white to lemon mixture & beat till smooth.
- Put back into tray & freeze for another 4hrs.
- Scoop sorbet into lemon shells. Top with lemon rind & herb, & leave your guests screaming for more!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 105g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.86g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|