Pot Roast Recipe
Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place chuck roast in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a serving platter; tent with foil.
- Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cooked vegetables.
- Serve with roast.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 142g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||61%|
|Total Fat 10.89g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.65g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.29g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|