Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $1.52 view details
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 TBSP flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bottled hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery and green pepper.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with flour and stir until blended in.
- Add chicken broth to the saucepan, cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk, stirring until the mixture is well blended and heated through.
- Add enough ground pepper to taste. Add hot sauce.
- Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 336g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 242||62%|
|Total Fat 27.58g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 17.26g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.3g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|