Mediterranean Potato Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $2.12 view details
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 medium red potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (2 ounces) whole wheat noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a 2-quart pot, sauté garlic and onions about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth, water, potatoes, carrots and seasonings; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add kidney beans and noodles. Bring to boil again, cook until noodles are soft. Remove from heat.
- Just before serving, add spinach to pot and stir gently. Ladle into bowls and serve with parmesan cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 614g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||16%|
|Total Fat 6.76g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.23g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 64.01g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.0g||37%|