Herb Dinner Rolls Recipe
Nothing beats fresh baked dinner bread. With only 56 calories per roll, these are amazing!
Cost per serving $0.13 view details
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten with 2 tsp of water
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. With the machine running, scrape the yeast mixture through the feed tube just until the dough forms a ball. Knead the dough by pulsing until it is smooth and no longer sticky, about 30 times.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray; place dough in the bowl. Cover with a towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough; lightly sprinkle a work surface with flour. Turn out the dough; knead in the herbs and pepper until they are evenly distributed. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, and form into an oval.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and place the rolls 3 inches apart on sheet. Cover with a towel and let rise again until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes; brush with the egg white. Bake until golden brown and sound hollow when you tap on the bottom.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||6%|
|Total Fat 0.91g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.23g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.1g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|