Hello Kitty Snowskin Mooncakes with Chocolate Truffles ( 巧克力冰皮月饼 ) Recipe
Uncover delicious Chocolate Truffles within these decadent Adorable Hello Kitty Snowskin Mooncakes!
We used tea like Matcha and Earl Grey, liqueurs such as Baileys and Grand Marnier, and also Fresh Fruits for the colours instead of food colourings. The response we got was overwhelming!
- 120g Glutinous Rice Flour / Kao Fen ( 糕粉 )
- 50g Hong Kong Flour ( 香港面粉 )
- 65g Icing Sugar ( 糖粉 )
- 30g Shortening Premium （白油 ）
- 155g Choice of Fresh Fruit Juices or Liqueurs ( we made many flavours so simply mix and match, or you can refer to the fresh fruit recipes below )
- 500g Your preferred Paste ( Makes about 20 x 20g Paste ) * You can eat the extra paste with bread etc.
- Handful of Sunflower Seeds ( optional )
- Preheat oven at 180° and bake Hong Kong Flour for about 5 minutes. Stir evenly and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Sieve both the flour and icing sugar together, then add the shortening. Mix well.
- Add in flavours like liqueur, fruit juice, or simply food colouring if you prefer, and mix well into a smooth dough. Let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make about 20 paste weighing 20g each. Wrap each chocolate with the paste. * You can follow other recipes below to make bigger paste weighing 30g each for those without chocolate truffles; entirely up to your discretion.
- Dust some Hong Kong Flour on your hand or gloves to prevent dough from sticking. Divide the dough into half, and roll into 2 long dough. Then make about 18 balls weighing 25g each. Here, I made different flavours of dough, and paired them with the respective paste for easy making.
- Flatten the dough, and put the chocolate with paste in the middle and wrap around it. Dust more HK Flour onto hand and roll the dough into a ball.
- Pour some HK Flour onto a tray and also dust some onto mooncake mould. Shake off excess flour. Put the dough into the Hello Kitty mooncake mould and press gently. Remove the mooncake from mould and you are done!
- Refrigerate well and serve your Adorable Hello Kitty Snowskin Mooncakes with Chocolate Truffles ( 巧克力冰皮月饼 ) chilled!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 3g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||7%|
|Total Fat 0.14g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.04g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|