Deli-Style Imitation Crab Seafood Salad Recipe
Imitation crab (surimi) is the base ingredient of deli-style seafood salad. It can be found in the fresh or frozen seafood section of your market. Making your own imitation crab seafood salad is less expensive than deli-prepared, and allows you to adjust the add-ins and flavors to your preference. Use imitation crab seafood salad mixture as a topper to a bed of salad greens, as a sandwich spread, a chunky dip, or as an appetizer cracker topping. Following is a starter recipe which you can tweak to your seafood heart’s delight!
- 1 pound imitation crab (surimi), chopped or flaked (my KitchenAid Mixer rotor attachment with the slicing cone, made effortless work of flaking the surimi)
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish (or more to taste)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste and consistency desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper (optional - I didn’t need any)
- Mix imitation crab, onions and pickle relish together in a large bowl.
- In small bowl blend mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill weed, then stir into imitation crab mixture, tossing gently but thoroughly to coat. Adjust seasonings and consistency as desired.
- YIELD: Fills a 1-quart serving bowl (sufficient toppings for 8-12 entrée salads or sandwiches, or about 32 servings as a chunky dip or cracker spread.)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||69%|
|Total Fat 12.71g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 1.76g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.83g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|