Country Fried Potatoes Made Skinny Recipe
There’s something quite wonderful about potatoes, onions and butter sautéed until golden and crisp. It’s one of the tastiest ways to prepare potatoes. This dreamy dish is so versatile and adds the missing link to any egg dish or even a simple chicken or beef recipe. I’ve made these skinny by using just a small amount of reduced-fat butter. The Country Fried Potatoes at Denny’s have 394 calories and 20 grams of fat! My skinny recipe has 154 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. For a delicious and skinny breakfast this weekend, try these fabulous potatoes alongside Low Calorie Egg White Scramble With Spinach and Onions. Yummy!
- Â¼ cup reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped (about 2 onions)
- 1Â½ pound Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half or chunks, if the potatoes are a little large
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced (use white and green parts)
- In a large non-stick pan, melt the butter. Add the onions, potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are evenly browned and cooked through. Turn occasionally with a flat spatula however, first allow potatoes to cook for 5 minutes, before turning.
- Garnish with scallions and serve hot. Any leftovers can be reheated the next day in a nonstick pan thatâs been coated with coating spray. Turn several times with a spatula to heat evenly.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me on skinnykitchen.com.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 174g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 71||42%|
|Total Fat 8.06g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5.08g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.41g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|