Cherry Juice Infused Cranberry Scones Recipe
Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 2 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance
- 1/3 cup of soy milk
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of clear vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. of allspice
- 1/2 tsp. of ground clove
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 cup of Craisins, Cherry Juice infused Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder,<br>
- 1/4 cup of turbinado sugar and the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg,
- allspice and clove).
- Add in the Earth Balance and, using your hands, turn the mixture
- into a fine crumble.
- Add the soy milk, vinegar and vanilla and mix together until a
- heavy dough is formed. It should be reasonably dense. Then mix in
- the Craisins until evenly mixed throughout.
- Form into small mounds and roll each mound in turbinado sugar, coating the entire scone. Place the scones on a lightly greased or sprayed baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, watching the scones to prevent burning.
- If they are still fairly moist on the surface after 20 minutes, allow
- them to bake an additional 5 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||7%|
|Total Fat 1.74g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.55g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.22g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|