Mushroom Chili Recipe
An earthy, spicy meatless stew. A stew so hot we call it chili!
Servings: 6-8 servings
Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of crushed, dried fennel
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. of ground red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of chili powder
- 4 green onions, sliced (include some green)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning or herb mix
- 1/2 cup of Chianti or Sangiovese
- 2 cups of small button mushrooms, coarsely
- chopped ( portobello mushrooms are also good)
- 3 cans (15 oz.) of diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- Shredded Parmesan or vegan Parmesan and chopped
- Italian parsley (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, Italian seasoning and chili
- Stir well and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the red and black pepper, fennel, sea salt
- and continue to cook while stirring, for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and the wine and cook while stirring
- until the mushrooms have softened a little - about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes
- more or until some of the liquid has reduced.
- Garnish with the cheese and parsley and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 230g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||20%|
|Total Fat 4.35g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.84g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 27.42g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.0g||33%|