No-Bake Apple Tart Recipe
Get in on the raw food movement! Raw fruits and veggies are really the best way to enjoy all the healthy benefits of a plant-based diet.
While I am not a raw foodist in general, I do enjoy raw dishes now and again and really enjoy seeing what I can come up with in the lab (aka kitchen)! Try this one...you'll love it!
- 2 large sweet apples (suggest Gala)
- 3 1/2 cups of raisins
- 3 cups of chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground clove
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Place 3 cups of chopped pecans in a blender
- or food processor and process until finely ground.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of raisins to the blender process
- until raisins are ground.
- Reintroduce the pecans to the blender and process
- until raisin and pecan mixture combines thoroughly.
- It may even ball up into a dough like mixture, depending
- on your equipment.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch glass pie dish or
- any other pie pan of your choosing.
- Peel, core and slice the 2 apples into thin slices.
- Add the apples, 1 cup of raisins, agave, cinnamon, clove,
- lemon juice and allspice into a one gallon freezer bag.
- Place the bag in a microwave for 1.5 minutes on high.
- Remove the apple mixture from the freezer bag and onto
- the tart crust. Distribute evenly.
- Place tart in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and
- remove about 20 or 30 minutes prior to serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||33%|
|Total Fat 21.41g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 1.88g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 93.18g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|