Banana Muffins Recipe
A little twist on the muffins my Mom made while I was growing up.
Servings: 36 Muffins
Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 2 c. white wheat flour
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. mashed ripe bananas, 4-5 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper cups and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs and 1 cup of sugar until light yellow and frothy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe mixing bowl, put the butter in for about 30 to 45 seconds. (You don't want it so melted that it starts to separate, just softened/melted enough to be whisked.) Now whisk in the other cup of sugar until well combined.
- Add the butter and sugar to the egg mixture. Beat on low speed, with the paddle attachment, until all is well combined and creamy.
- Beat in the mashed bananas.
- A little at a time over low speed, beat in the flour mixture.
- Once all of the flour mixture has been combined, beat in the vanilla extract. Once that is combined, pour into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 to 19 minutes. Let cool in the pans for about 5 minutes then turn out onto wire racks. Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 45g|
|Recipe makes 36 servings|
|Calories from Fat 51||34%|
|Total Fat 5.82g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.43g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.2g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|