Bacon and Tomato Potato Skins Recipe
Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 6 Large Baking Potatoes
- 2 Tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 6 Dashes Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Canadian Bacon, Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, Diced
- 2 Tbsp. Scallion, Sliced Diagonally
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and prick with a fork. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 17 to 22 minutes or till almost tender, rearranging once. (Or, bake potatoes in a 425°F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or till tender.) Cool.
- Halve each potato lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Cover and chill the leftover fluffy white part of potatoes for another use.
- Combine the vegetable oil, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. With a pastry brush, brush the insides of the potato halves with the oil mixture. Cut the potato halves in half lengthwise. Return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle potato quarters with bacon, tomato, and green onion. Top with cheese. To make ahead, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Bake in 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till cheese is melted and potato quarters are heated through. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 183g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||33%|
|Total Fat 7.39g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.82g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 25.37g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|