Whole Foods Amazing Tuna Salad Made Skinny Recipe
The first time I tasted this colorful tuna salad was at Whole Foods on Columbus Circle in NYC. I fell in love with the flavor and knew I had to make a skinny version at home! Light mayonnaise, dried cranberries, fresh dill and chopped apple are some of the yummy ingredients used to make this skinny version so fabulous! I added even more apples and celery then they do. The skinny for 1 serving, 205 calories, 8 grams fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. I like to eat it scooped into a small dish or on top of 1 romaine lettuce leaf. You can make it as a sandwich or spread on reduced-fat crackers, too.
- 1 (5.25 oz) can of white albacore tuna, (water packed) drained well
- Â½ cup chopped apples, such as Gala, Fuji or Honeycrisp, unpeeled
- â cup celery, chopped
- Â¼ cup diced scallions or red onions
- 3 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods Light mayonnaise or Hellmanâs Light
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, except lettuce. Mix well to combine.
- Scoop about 1 cup of tuna into a small dish or bowl. Or, line 2 plates with a romaine lettuce leaf. Scoop about 1 cup tuna onto each lettuce leaf.
- Makes 2 servings (each serving, about 1 cup)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 173g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||56%|
|Total Fat 20.3g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 3.13g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.05g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|