Turkish White Bean Lamb Stew (Etli Kuru Fasulye) Recipe
This is one of my mom's recipes. It is perfect during those cold winter nights. You can eat it like a stew or serve on top of white rice.
Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 2 15oz. cans of white beans
- 1/2 lb. of cubed lamb meat (if you can't find lamb or it is too expensive, you can substitute with beef).
- 2-3 T. Tomato paste.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Bones- It can be neck bones or bone with marrow. You can find this at your local grocery store. The bone will give the stew substance and flavor. If you do not want to use this, it is OK. My experience has been that the dish tastes much better if you do.
- *In a pan, place the bones in it and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- *On medium heat, add the cubed lamb meat and let it cook in it's own juices.
- *Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the beans. Add 1 cup of water.
- *Let it cook on medium until the meat softens 10 minutes or so. You may need to add more water if it evaporates.
- *Add the beans and cook on low for 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Remember, it is a stew and not soup so don't add too much water.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 215g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||20%|
|Total Fat 5.9g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.13g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||28%|