Tuna-Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Tuna-Egg Salad Sandwiches-is an easy, quick 10 minute and delicious recipe for a lunch or light dinner. Can't make up your mind between a tuna or an egg salad sandwich? This solves the problem by mixing the two together. A great recipe to use up any left over Easter eggs also. It is also a low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (8) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 (5 oz) can 50% less-sodium chunk white canned tuna in water, drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, (use the 2 whites only), chopped
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped fresh fresh dill weed (optional)
- 6 slices whole grain 100% whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- Stir the tuna, egg whites, sour cream, green onions, mustard and dill weed if using, into a medium size bowl.
- Divide mixture in equal amounts between 3 bread slices. Top with the lettuce and remaining bread slices. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours before serving if desired.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||85%|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.95g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.39g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|