Tomato Bruschetta With Fresh Basil Recipe
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 2 lrg tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c. minced fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1 x garlic clove, chopped
- 1 x half loaf French or possibly italian bread or possibly 1 French baguette
- 1 lrg garlic clove, halved
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, chopped garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; let stand for 15 min or possibly cover and chill for up to 4 hrs.
- Slice bread in 1"-thick slices. Place on baking sheet and broil till lightly browned on each side. Rub cut side of garlic clove over one side of bread; brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon tomato mix over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan (if using). If tomato mix has been refrigerated, broil brushchetta for 1 minute.
- Makes about 16slices.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 32g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||65%|
|Total Fat 1.73g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.51g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.27g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|