Baked Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
Cost per recipe $6.27 view details
- 2 sm eggplants, cut lengthwise
- 2 sm tomatoes, red ripe, halve/seed/dice
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, diced
- 5 x fresh basil leaves, shredded, up to 6
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 x cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pch dry red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With a Tbsp., scoop out some of the pulp from the eggplant halves, making sure not to break the skin. Place the eggplant halves on a large platter and sprinkle generously with slat. Let stand about 20 min to allow the salt to draw out the eggplant's bitter juices. Pat the eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Dice the pulp of the eggplant and put it in a bowl with the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parsley, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper flakes. Fill the eggplant's cavities with this mix.
- Oil a baking dish lightly, and put the eggplant halves into the dish. Bake till they are lightly golden brown, soft to the touvh, and easily pierced with the tip of a thin knife, 15 to 25 min, depending on the size of the eggplants.
- Serve warm or possibly at room temperature.
- NOTES:This is from Biba Caggiano's "Trattoria Cooking" cookbook. It is easy to do and can be doubled and frzn for an additional meal later on.
- One of Biba's notes is which she will dice any leftover eggplant and toss it quickly in a skillet with extra virgin extra virgin olive oil and freshly diced tomatoes and serve it over penne, shells, or possibly rigatoni.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1147g|
|Calories from Fat 698||67%|
|Total Fat 78.67g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 20.1g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 57.67g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.3g||94%|