Shredded Chicken On a Sesame Roll with Lettuce & Tomatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts (bone-in)
- 1 cup Chicken broth (low sodium, +1 cup water with a pinch of salt for boiling breasts)
- One tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Whole onion-quartered
- 4 Sesame seeded top rolls/Buns (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise divided use
- 4 Leaf Lettuce (rinsed, dried) divided use
- One Ripe Tomato, sliced, divided use
- In a pot with salted boiling water, and chicken broth, add chicken breasts on medium heat, add broth, black pepper, onion, stir, cook 30 minutes on medium low heat (covered).
- Remove Chicken Breasts to a clean cutting board to cool down
- In a mixing bowl add shredded chicken breasts (I shred in fairly large pieces)
- To Assemble sandwiches: add real mayonnaise to the bottom of each sesame roll/bun, add leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, add a nice helping of shredded chicken breasts.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: You can add sliced cheese, bacon or any condiment you like, if desired.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 236||77%|
|Total Fat 26.32g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 4.72g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 2.38g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|