Set it and Forget it Prime Rib Roast Recipe
No holiday entrée yet devised is easier than the following technique for roasting beef.
This ingenious method is from a recipe book of Marlene Sorosky (my mother's favorite cook)and is taken from the proprietors of Angelo's Market and Cooking school in Modesto CA. Prep time is 5 minutes. Bake time is 15 minutes per rib or 5 minutes per pound. Rest time is 1-2 hours in the oven on OFF.
When you buy a rib roast, calculate that one rib will serve 2 persons, so for six, you will need a 3 rib roast without the short ribs. The timetable for roasting by the following method is approximately 15 minutes per rib or 5 minutes per pound of trimmed, ready to cook meat. For example, a 3 rib roast weighing 8-9 pounds will roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Bring the roast to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with a little matzah cake meal or potato starch and rub it lightly into the fat. This will help seal thin the juices.
- Season generously with salt and coarsely cracked black pepper. To protect your oven from splattering fat, place a tent of aluminum foil loosely over the top o f the meat. Roast according to the above timetable.
- Following the minutes EXACTLY. If you have a timer, set it to remind you.
- When the cooking time ends, turn off the oven heat, but do not open the oven door. Allow the roast to remain in the oven for at least one hour or until the oven is lukewarm, about 2 hours.
- The roast will be beautifully rare inside and retain a crunchy outside and an internal heat suitable for serving for as long as 4 hours.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 0g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.69g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|